Bournemouth Air Festival Nearly Upon Us
We’re high as kites here at The Green House Hotel because Bournemouth’s Air Festival 2014 is nearly upon us!
Is it us, or does the line-up get better every year? And we’re not just talking about the planes… there’s great music, 1.5 miles of stalls and food and drink stands, and more pyrotechnics than you can shake a sparkly stick at!
But while the noise, the crowds and the vagaries of the English weather (where else in the world would you be advised to bring a brolly, warm clothing, and sun cream… on the same day) are all part of the fun, it’s good to have a moment’s respite, too.
So here are five reasons why you should pop into The Green House, Bournemouth’s premier boutique hotel, this Air Festival weekend:
- The Green House is situated bang slap in between Bournemouth and Boscombe piers, so wherever you’re watching the action from, we won’t be more than a stone’s throw away!
- Nestled one block away from the sea front on Grove Road, The Green House is close enough to still feel part of the action, but secluded enough to escape the crowds.
- With our new outdoor furniture and private, oasis-like gardens, The Green House is the perfect spot to enjoy an alfresco lunch or afternoon tea from our award-winning Arbor Restaurant while you gather your second wind.
- If you’d prefer a picnic to take away with you to your own secret viewing spot, we will put you together a packed lunch from just £10.
- How about a drink in The Green House’s chic bar before hitting the evening entertainment? Did you know there’s even an Aviation Cocktail? Invented in New York in 1916 (where else), it’s London Dry Gin, lemon juice, Maraschino liqueur, and a splash of crème de violette to give it that perfect sky-blue hue. Who knew!
So when it all gets too much, why not pay a visit to The Green House some time over the Air Festival weekend – we’ll give you wings! Call us on 01202 498900 if you have any questions.
August 27, 2014